India Journey

04/23 -- 3.30 pm EST


In less than 3 hours, begins my India sojourn... What eventually started as a surprise visit, turned into a know-all affair... 


Its my mom's 60th birthday on 04/26 and having missed dad's 60th and 65th, I had to make it this time... S and I attended her dad's 60th birthday last year and it made him so happy... Just the joy of having your most loved one with you on this important milestone of life made him grin from ear to ear, for the entire 1 month of our stay there... I hope my mom will be equally happy when she cuts the cake on Monday...


On a disappointing note, S can not make it this time with me... Her work is crazy currently and her manager denied her the time off... Kya kare, paapi pet ke liye karna padta hai... This is the first time when we are going to be away from each other for such a long duration... We have stayed away for 2-3 days duration when I travel on work or when she is visiting her relatives etc but that is too short... The only other time we have stayed apart for so long is when S went on a Europe tour with her entire family about 6 months after we got married... But that time, she was with a lot of ppl and I was alone... The loner that I am, I had a good time reflecting on my married life and what needed to change for us to be happier... 


I have a lot of sleep to catch up on and this aching body needs some rest... What better than a 14 hour flight across 3 continents in a dark flight full of strangers... Starting now on, caffeine is a strict no no... No food or aerated drinks as well... Only water and non-alcoholic juices to keep yourself hydrated for the tenure of the journey... 


So guys, tighten your seat belts as I take off for a solo sojourn for the next 3 weeks... I promise to bring you the salient moments from every single day and keep you entertained... 


And just like I do before starting on any road trip -- Ganapati Bappa.... Morya!!!!

No comments: