04/25 -- 2 pm IST


Had my first hand experience of a Mumbai Sunday after a long long time... Could not sleep for long and the milkman rang the bell to flush whatever chances I had of catching any wink... Met my neighbours, caught a glimpse of a childhood friend... Made tea for myself... Grabbed the newspaper... Newspaper in the morning makes an awesome combo with 2 items -- ginger tea and toilet... No not together -- I mean -- ginger tea and newspaper makes a good combo... likewise, newspaper and toilet makes a good combo... I had both the combos today... 


The cook showed up and made awesome breakfast... Thalipeeth -- a traditional maharashtrian dish which can be best explained as -- crepes made out of mix pulses flour... It tastes awesome, especially with cottage butter and pickle... S is a big fan already and there are bunch of friends and family asking me to get some samples... Mom's already busy making 2 kgs of the mixture... All this, with ample cups of tea... 


Then spoke to some relatives and some friends... Everyone is curious why S did not visit along with me... 


Went and had a haircut... Before me, there was a gora who got a haircut, oil massage, facial massage, shampoo and blowdry... His bill was Rs. 100 and he tipped them Rs. 100... He has promised to come back next week and they are already fighting as to who will work with him next... 


My haircut was good... Short and sweet... Got a Thanda Thanda Cool Cool massage... Something which I was missing for a long long time... Amazing feeling, cant describe it in words... Came home, had a nice cold water shower... Feel human again... 


Then came time for lunch... Vaal (sprouted beans) is my favorite and the cook made vaal curry and chapati... Its awesome... It takes 3 days of prepping before this dish gets ready... For my readers, some day I will treat you to that dish and I am sure that you will never forget the taste... 


Now, jet lag is acting up and I am going to crash any moment... So, until I wake up again, ciao... 

No comments: