04/26 -- 6 am IST


The jet lag hit me at the worst possible time... if you sleep in the late afternoon after the jet lag, you are bound to continue doing so for days to come... Fortunately for me, Sis, Bro in Law and nephew decided to show up within 30 minutes of me falling asleep... Sis and BIL were considerate enough to wait for me to get up... But nephew could not hold on for very long... He woke me up and saved me from the igonomy of a prolonged jet lag... 


The next few hours were just fun... Chit chatting and yapping with sev puri and of course tea... Any Maharashtrian get together is incomplete without tea... Sis made a special delicacy - Station Bhaaji -- for dinner along with alphonso mango juice and freshly made phulkas... You can not understand the fun of freshly cooked phulkas, unless you eat them once off the flame... Just like Pani Puri tastes best right of the Bhel-wala bhaiyya, phulkas taste best off the flame... I am having it after almost 7 years, and the taste has not changed even an ounce... 


Caught a glimpse of a game called cricket in midst of thousands of advertisements and shows... The game was good, picture clarity was nice... The game was good, except that Sachin and Mumbai lost... It went all the way until midnight and by the time I crashed, it was almost 1 am... 


Am a light sleeper and can wake up by the slightest of noises... My street wakes up and kicks of business by 5 am... calls for some pretty short nights... here's an early good morning!!!


Today is Mom's 60th birthday... My very very small way of gratitude for all that she has done for me -- to be present with her on her birthday... Cake cutting and celebrations later in the day... In the meanwhile, got to get ready for the visa appointment... 


More to come... soon... 

No comments: