BREAK AND MAKE...

Last couple of weeks, I have been on a breaking spree... I have broken pretty much everything that I have touched... 


Here are a few instances -- 
1 - Knife -- A good Farber ware knife which we have been using for more than 4 years broke while I was trying to chop ginger for my tea... Can you imagine a metal knife breaking while trying to chop ginger?
2 - Mug -- A New York souvenir mug broke slipped out of my soapy hands when I was trying to wash it. The handle broke into 3 different parts. Fortunately, the remaining part of the cup was intact.
3 - Water Hose -- The spraying nozzle of the watering hose loves the watering hose so much that the nozzle now refuses to separate from the hose. It is a simple thread based assembly, but somehow, they are inseparable lovers now. WD40 can not break the bond. The only option is to cut the watering hose and get a new one for $100.
4 - Sprinklers -- First sprinkling session of the year, all the sprinkler heads need some mending. The first time I started the sprinkler, it choked and my attempts to clean the head led to a missing sprinkler head and a small pipe.
5 - Car -- While reversing the car out of the garage, the passenger side view mirror crashed with the garage frame and started dangling like a dislocated shoulder. The car showroom politely offered to fix it for $300.


Now I am on a making spree -- 
1 - Mug -- Crazy glue came to my rescue and I could fix the handle together. It seems to he holding up pretty well and I will not be trying to drink hot tea in that mug any more. It will truly be a souvenir hence forth and command a unique place in the cabinets.
2 - Water Hose -- My kind neighbor stepped up and offered me to use his hose and nozzle and saved me about 100 bucks. That sponsors my Cold Stone Creamery visits for the brutal summer this year.
3 - Sprinklers -- A quick search in the grass for 2 very small items helped me understand the entire sprinkler assembly. Now I am good for the rest of the season and for the season openers henceforth.
4 - Car -- Youtube has a bunch of DIY videos and I found a very custom video right for my car. The process is not really difficult and I found the right mirror for just $46 and free shipping. It was delivered yesterday evening and after a urgent visit to Lowes, a big pair of scratches on my forearm, 2 bruised fingers and a hyper sweaty T-shirt, the side mirror is replaced. It looks perfect, as if it had never broken. The fact that the car is black and the mirror comes in black as well, saved me some painting work as well.


The aftermath -- 
1 - Mug -- I can not have tea in any ceramic containers. Currently I have been downgraded to steel glasses and any spilling accidents will end up me getting demoted permanently to sippy cups.
2 - Car -- Fixing this mirror flawlessly has upped my confidence level and now I am ready to break and make more things.


Happy times are back!!!

2 comments:

Sneha said...

You really did a good job with the mirror!!

NR said...

Thanks S. Coming from you, it means a lot ;-)