Whats going on...

AR is coming to town... On 29th September, AR is going to perform at the RBC Center... Initially, the show was supposed to be in the first week of August... Then due to this, the show was rescheduled for first week of October... Then, he was invited to perform at the CWG opening ceremony and hence the show was finally rescheduled for 29th September... We were actually happy that the show was not cancelled and that we will still get to see the AR show, albeit on a weekday... 


Then I eventually got thinking about the song that AR would make for such a grand show... He has never disappointed me, since the days when I was recovering from a bout of chicken pox in 1994 March listening to Roja... Eventually, when it was released, it turned out to be like this -- 





And even before I could analyze it and make an opinion as to whether I like it or not, I read this interview of Sukhvinder Singh... It surprised me, to say the least... I was thinking how anyone could say something like this about one of the most humble and level-headed artists ever from India... 


Then I hit a bunch of other articles criticizing anything and everything from TOI, a comprehensive list of which can be found here... All the articles were very critical of the games -- preparations, Organizing Committee, Athletes, Politicians, Brand Ambassadors, Corruption, Mismanagement, Allegations... Everything... 


I was stunned... How did a newsgroup which has reinvented itself to be a glossy candy shop magazine suddenly become a responsible journalists' abode? What really happened that TOI has become such a good newsprint candidate... 


And thats when, courtesy Prem, I landed at this post... Read it atleast 10 times... 


How a power hungry newsgroup go rogue so that they can leverage their market reach for a share of the huge pie that is being looted every day for the past year or so... Its to disappointing and shocking... 


Where is our country going to be in 10 years from now... The way we are degrading ourselves with every passing day... 

No comments: