SILENCE PLEASE...

We have heard this line (okay, phrase) so many times in courtroom scenes in umpteen movies... The slightest of discord in a court room and the person in the black cloak sitting on the biggest wooden chair in the courtroom uses the opportunity to bang the gavel against another wooden block and yell "Order Order, silence please"... 


After the recent move, I moved to another floor and am sitting amongst another team... Me and another colleague are the only 2 who are sitting here and the reason given was -- "You two are independent workers, do not need help from anyone, so you can be placed away from everyone else"... The other colleague who sits adjacent to me is the most silent of all my co-workers and the only 2 words we exchange every day is -- GOOD MORNING... True, there is no GOOD NIGHT or any other discussion in the day... 


Its as good as working remotely, except... 


The rest of my neighbors are very loud... Sometimes, the volume gets so annoying that I just stop working and go to the restroom just to get some silence... Imagine, at some point of time, there could be up to 3-4 different co-workers talking on 4 different calls and its SO bugging... I am least interested in learning all the resource crunches, application enhancements, bug fixing reports that you are involved in... I ask that you speak in a tone where the phone which is less than 1 inch away from your lips can hear it and no one else can... It is basic courtesy towards your colleagues... 


The only saving grace is that they talk only about work and it is not any personal discussion... 


Sometime I wish I had a wooden gavel, just like the person with a black cloak, and I could bang it on my desk and yell "SILENCE PLEASE"... 

1 comment:

RS said...

:-D Isnt it so common? And sometimes I wonder do they do it on purpose? - just to show that they arevery busy and handling so many/high priority things?