UDAAN... What a flight...

A physically and mentally draining week... Friday night... No mood to go out and eat... What to do? It does not take a genius to figure out the solution... Soul food and a movie... 


This time instead of brainless comedies, we thought of trying out something new... I had read a lot about this movie in the last few weeks and we decided to give it a go... And what an experience it turned out to be... 


The movie is about a kid who gets expelled from boarding school and has to return home to his dad... The dad has never visited the kid and vice-versa in the 8 years since the kid joined the boarding school... So, its a new life for him altogether... He also finds out that he has a half-brother who is equally dominated by the dad... This kid wants to be a writer and writes amazing poetry... The father wants him to be an engineer and take care of their factory... The uncle (dad's bro) is a soft corner but the father damages the kids way more than the uncle can mend... 


This movie is all about how the kids manage to live up to the tyrannical father and still keep the kid in them alive... So, no climax or thrilling scenes, no big stars, no songs and no super cinematographic excellence... 


But trust me, this movie is worth a watch... The way the script unfolds, leaves you (okay, only me, S never saw any hope in the father) with a touch of optimism every now and then... The more you see, the more you feel for the kids and more you hate the dad... 


Definitely worth a watch... 


For me, I had a realization while I was seeing this one... I found that I can appreciate poetry... The poetry in the movie are written by a 17 year old and I could thoroughly understand and appreciate it... Long way to go before I start reading poetry for my age... 

1 comment:

Sneha said...

Great movie.. The title says it all!!