So, whats different in this one?

Yesterday, the marriage clock chimed 4 am. Its been 4 fabulous years full of fun and bliss. The near and dear ones called to wish and it was a day exactly as we would have wanted it to be. Morever, this was our first anniversary to fall on a weekend. All our prior anniversaries including the wedding day were weekdays.

So, to mark the occasion, I did what only insane or very rich or unmarried men dare to do. I took my girl on a shopping day out, to a place where there are 150+ factory outlets of any brand that you can name. We will do the math of the damage some other day.

But what surprised me was not her appetite to shop but the reasons to choose a dress. "The collar is different on this one.". "I do not have anything in this print". "The sleeves on this one is nice". "The color is different". -- Rather, if there is any reason to buy the dress, the lady decides to buy it.

On the other hand -- whenever I liked a shirt or a tee or jeans or jacket, I used to remember some garment which I already have which has something in similar to the new garment and would not proceed with the purchase. If there is any reason why I should not buy it, the man decides not to buy it.

Made me wonder -- is this an inherent difference between men and women? Are all the Martians like this and are all the Venetians like this?

Views most welcome.

2 comments:

Harsha S Rao said...

Completely agree!! Btw, congratulations!!

RS said...

First of All - Congratulations!
And then - Women dont need 'reason' to shop/buy - just an 'excuse' - bahana is the right word? :-) Have a fun filled holiday...