YEH DELHI HAI MERE YAAR!!!

Took a flight to Delhi to meet my sister... Was very excited to meet her and her family... Had met my parents and my in-laws when they visited us, but had not spent any time with sis / B-I-L and my nephew since the wedding... My nephew is 4 1/2 year old and i have not spent even 4 1/2 weeks with him since the time he was born...

So, to set it all right, S and I reached Delhi... Sis came to pick us up at the airport and after a hour long ride, we get to meet the family... My nephew thought that 4 1/2 years of silence was not enough and decided to stretch it for 1 more hour by sleeping all the time during the drive... And after reaching home, he decided stretch it a no more and eventually -- after accepting a bribe of bag full of toys and chocolates -- relented to "accept" his uncle and aunty...

Once, we got the approval, it was amazing fun after that... Every minute was fun for all of us... Those memories will linger in our memories for ever... Every time i miss my nephew, i just have to close my eyes and switch back to those days... Thats it... The golden moments just play themselves back as a youtube video...

Then came the most awaited part of any Delhi visit... Food!!! The foodie that i am, I could not wait to go out and freak out on that gorgeous food... Bro-in-law decided to see to test our apetite and took us to a place called "Punjabi by nature"... They decided to make sure that our apetite peaks by serving the food as late as possible... But boy, we failed miserably... Amongst 4 of us, we could not finish even half the food meant for 3 ppl...

Next day, sister took us to eat golgappa (pani-puri)... Though this pani-puri is not the best i have ever eaten (fyi, i am from mumbai and the pani-puri at my local gaadi is the best), it ranks right up there... And, the pani-puri did what it should do... It gave me a delhi belly...

Few more days of lots of fun with my nephew, great food cooked by my sis, yapping with bro-in-law and sis and driving a bullet-thunderbird and it was time to say alvida to Delhi...
More tears and more hugs and it was time to bid adieu to few more dear ones...

1 comment:

RS said...

This covers just half of the trip...Am waiting for more... :-)